Ethical Systems seeks a Research Director (NYC based)
Help companies improve their ethics while advancing research on organizational behavior! Ethical Systems is a non-profit academic collaboration among the leading social scientists and behavioral ethicists housed at the NYU Stern School of Business. Our mission is to make the world's best research available, for free, to anyone interested in improving the ethical culture and behavior of an organization.
We are hiring a full-time Research Director to work out of our NYU-based offices. Our goal is to improve business ethics through social science research and this is an exciting opportunity to shape the field of organizational ethics by building bridges between academia and the business world.
The job will ideally complement your own research goals and provide pathways to publishing original research. The ideal candidate will share our commitment to business ethics, and bring fresh ideas for how social science research can be applied to improve organizational ethics outcomes.
You would report directly to the organization’s CEO and work closely with the organization’s founder and partners.
- PhD or ABD in the social sciences (social psychology, OB, or related fields), plus experience conducting applied research;
- Ability to gather, evaluate, and summarize published research on organizational behavior;
- Ability to design and carry out original research, and including analyzing large datasets using SPSS or other statistical packages. The ability to code and design on-line surveys is a plus;
- Excellent writing skills: you would write blog posts, magazine articles, and grant applications, and would have opportunities to write academic papers;
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple research projects and deadlines, involving multiple internal and external stakeholders;
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to work independently, and also as part of a team, and be flexible to manage all aspects of the research process for a small, but growing non-profit organization; and
- Must be able to work in NYC, although the job provides flexible telecommuting arrangements.
Pay will be competitive and commensurate with skills and experience. The job includes benefits, such as medical insurance.
To Apply: Send a resume and/or CV and cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for Ethical Systems to Jeremy Willinger, Communications Director, at email@example.com.